PDA

View Full Version : keloid scar treatment

plucs
13-01-2006, 08:32 AM
I was comparing shoulder reconstruction scars with a gym mate and we both have keloid scars over our shoulder joints. He has been treating his scars from a bilateral shoulder reconstructions (he was a former butterfly champion) with triamcinolone injected directly into the scar. He believes that it has flattened and removed the redness of his keloid scars.

I am curious to try this treatment but the information I have received has been that there is no real treatment for a true keloid other than scar revision by a plastic surgeon.

Has anyone tried this and had any success with treating keloid scarring?

Thanks

Unregistered
05-05-2006, 09:19 PM
I have used this treatment with keliod scars however this only lasted for a short while, and when i stopped treatment these scars have come back bigger, deeper red and multiplied, they feel itchy and sore now. Good luck!

Unregistered
03-06-2006, 06:24 PM
i have been using the steriod scar treatment on my Neck and have had three injections now last one was done few days ago, but the previous two made a whole lot of difference as my scar went nearly flat after the second but is it noticable reduction everytime the injection has setteled.The third injection to the scar has risen back up slightly but its only been 3 days so im going to give it about a week or two hopefully it should disappear.

-T-

London

RupanIII
18-10-2008, 01:29 PM
I've been treating the nastiest Keloid Scars recently with CLA.
Just taking it internally. 2 - 4 1000mg pills per day.
It doesn't make you lose weight.
I cycle it out every couple of weeks to spare any effects on the liver.
But, to be honest, it's the only thing that seems to be reducing it.
For me, it's a Miracle, because mine is highly contraindicated for surgery. It's actually 14 years old now, and only in the last 2 year of using CLA did i notice it dramatically reduce.
It's not overnight, but, for me, it's working.
I tried Oleic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Omega Complexes. None of them even help. This by itself.
I am actually not taking ANYTHING ELSE. No vitamins/minerals or other substances. When i don't use it, nothing improves, when i use it, i 'feel' improvement daily.
No, I don't have any literature to back it up.
And no, i don't work for Tonalin.
I pray you my good fortune.
Try for 2-4 weeks and post your results here.

DeeDee in Canada
06-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Check out Low Intensity Laser Therapy. It's just red light (no heat). I understand it will cause the scar to resolve and flatten out. I googled and found this site for Australia.
http://www.ailt.com.au/courses02.html

kjwilkin
06-12-2008, 12:00 PM
I have talked to my sports physician about one of my scars. He said it really isn't worth it unless it is really bad and causing issues.

The scars eventually fade. The scar for my left shoulder op has faded and can't see it unless pointed out. Vitamin E can help with the healing.