PDA

View Full Version : Pectoralis Major Tear

RAZO
10-02-2006, 02:17 PM
So a couple of years ago I tore my Pec Major Bench pressing 315lbs . 2 1/2 years later I get it repaired. Went through all the recovery stages, I've been 4 months in and last week I messed around and went up to 50lbs dumbells on my bench press. I figured I pulled 40lbs 15 times. I decided to step it up. I did them fine, but afterwards felt some pain. It is 6 days later and I still feel the pain when I raise my arms and when I reach for something. It feels like a sharp stabbing pain. It hurts alot. I tried heat and it does nothing. I tried ice and it does nothing. I did not re-tear because I could feel the muscle still there. Is it because of the weather? Is it the screw thats in my shoulder? I'm starting to get worried, I hope I don't need to do another surgery on something I might have screwed up. The Doctor told me to take it easy for at least six months, and me being an idiot screwed around and hurt myself. And feels like something is trying to pump out of my shoulder. The Pain is located on my forward delt. I have an appointment with my doctor next week, but I wanted to know if somone knows how to deal with this. That would really be appreciated.

Unregistered
19-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Hi,
Please go and see a Physical Therapist. Looks like you might have injured an aponeurosis, or maybe u have strained anterior fibres ur deltoid.
deepak MSPT