PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder pain

Coxy
08-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Been a couple of months since I posted about any of my aches and pains :P

Just suffering a bit of right shoulder pain of late. I've previously had a shoulder impingement in my left shoulder, but this is different. Back then, the pain was very much lateral, on the outside of my shoulder almost down the side.

The pain would restrict my ability to move my arms up in full range of motion, and stretching my arm across my chest relieved the pain.

This time it's more on top of my shoulder, near the point. I have no restriction in range of motion, but pushing on doors or a wall causes pain, as does lying on that shoulder. Trying to stretch my arm across the chest is very painful.

It's tender to touch too.

The pain is worse (obviously) after weight training. If I leave it for 4 or 5 days the pain almost completely subsides. There's been no acute injury that led to this pain that I can recall.

Is it just another impingement or is it something different?

Coxy
09-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Having read a bit more about A/C joint injuries, I'm pretty sure that's what it is.
If I press my fingers into the A/C joint on top of my shoulder it's quite painful. Reaching across my chest is quite painful. And doing seated raises using only my arms hurts at the top of the movement too.

Is it worth seeing a doc? I'm sure it's grade 1 at the worst, so if I just keep icing it, using a bit of ibuprofen when the pain gets bad, and avoid any weight training until the pain subsides I should be right, right?

Coxy
23-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Bit of an update, not that anyone cares.

Shoulder was recovering quite nicely. I was even able to do a bit of light weights work (standing dumbell rows, deadlifts, tricep kicks, bicep curls).

Getting a bit excited I tried a military press and I felt a real crunch and collapse at the top of my shoulder inwards, not far from my neck. I stopped straight away of course.

As it is now, if I do a military press kind of motion even with no weights there's an audible click/crunch and it feels really uncomfortable.

I did some Oztag training yesterday, just a lot of passing, and it pulled up really sore today.

I think there's some kind of impingement there. Just because of the level of discomfort I'm going to see a physio this week.

Coxy
26-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Saw the physio. Grade 1 A/C joint separation.
Starting stabilising exercises, then working up to strengthening.

Bugger.