PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of doctor Patrick Byrne

hails
19-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Hi all,
I have been refered to a surgeon by the name of Doctor Patrick Byrne in south/east suburbs of melbourne, I hear alot of names being mentioned on this site but have not heard his name before, would appreciate any feedback if you know of him or have been one of his patients.
Thanx
Hails

kjwilkin
20-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Hi there,

If I was you I'd avoid him as I think he is very old fashioned and doesn't believe in physiotherapy. A friend goes to him and doesn't believe in exercise either.

In Melbourne, I'd recommend the following people :

* Knees - Julian Feller (own surgeon for about 10 years)
* Ankle - Mark Blackney
* Shoulder, elbow, hand - John Salmon

I've been to all of the above for various surgery following failed conservative treatment. They are all well known in their field and have treated quite a lot of elite athletes.

If I was you it may be worthwhile going to see a good sports physician at Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre. They would then be able to refer you onto the right person. Some really good ones are Paul Blackman, Andrew Jowett and Chris Bradshaw. Contact number at Olympic Park is 9427 0366.

Good luck ! Let us know how it goes.

Nicholas
20-10-2006, 09:41 PM
In Sydney, I'd reccomend:
Knee: Merv Cross
Ankle: Kim Slater
Shoulder: Des Bokor
Muscle Strains: Nathan Gibbs
Groin: Neil Haplin

Simon G
07-11-2012, 07:33 AM
It's far to late to help these guys, but of anyone else is wondering about Pat Byrne... He's fantastic. Very realistic about outcomes. Highly recommended by physios and definitely believes in them and in exercises. Very busy guy though. Speaks at a million miles an hour.

*tallin*
28-05-2013, 05:17 PM
I certainly have heard of him, he is the best - He did a full left hip replacement for me in 2010 and although I did not see much of him after the surgery, he certainly did a great job. I agree, he is so busy, speaks so fast and is like a Jack in the Box, but it is his skill that is important, not how often you see him after he has done the work required.

I would recommend him any time.

Best regards,:D