PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Shoulder Injury

evvs8
20-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Gday,

Last september i injured my shoulder playing rugby. I smashed the point of my shoulder into hard ground so suspect an AC separation. I rested for a few weeks then returned to playing. However after every game my shoulder became v.sore with limited movement.

My physio suggested resting it which i did over the off season (april to sept as over in UK).
Shoulder felt fine and was even back to full strength when lifting weights.
Returning to play over last two weeks has seen old symptoms return. As I play hooker (union) i suspect my clavicle is unstable and hitting scrums is inflaming the joint every week.

Does this sound reasonable? As its over a year since the injury will surgery be needed to stabilise the joint?

Any help gratefully received!

kjwilkin
21-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Gday,

Last september i injured my shoulder playing rugby. I smashed the point of my shoulder into hard ground so suspect an AC separation. I rested for a few weeks then returned to playing. However after every game my shoulder became v.sore with limited movement.

My physio suggested resting it which i did over the off season (april to sept as over in UK).
Shoulder felt fine and was even back to full strength when lifting weights.
Returning to play over last two weeks has seen old symptoms return. As I play hooker (union) i suspect my clavicle is unstable and hitting scrums is inflaming the joint every week.

Does this sound reasonable? As its over a year since the injury will surgery be needed to stabilise the joint?

Any help gratefully received!

Hi there,

I can appreciate how frustrating it much be. I've battled with multi-directional instability of my right shoulder for 3 years. Today I decided to have surgery in mid December as I can no longer put up with the pain and instability.

It doesn't sound like things a right. I'd definitely go and see a good sports physician. There is a good clinic in London called Pure Sports Medicine. They should be able to give you the right advice and refer you to the appropriate people. Let me know if you want their details.

Good luck and let us know how you go !