PDA

View Full Version : Can Building serious Muscle Stop Sublaxtions?

Ibo
14-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Ive had many sublaxtions over a period of time on my left shoulder so can doing some serious muscle building around the shoulder and on the rest of your upper body stop them altogether. Im talking about taking protein shakes and seriously bulking up not just a few rotar cuff exercises. Is there a figure or study that has been taken to say that if you have increased your overall muscle mass from x to z this could be the answer to your problems. I know alot of people wouldnt consider doing this but i would so my question is could it ?.

kjwilkin
14-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Ive had many sublaxtions over a period of time on my left shoulder so can doing some serious muscle building around the shoulder and on the rest of your upper body stop them altogether. Im talking about taking protein shakes and seriously bulking up not just a few rotar cuff exercises. Is there a figure or study that has been taken to say that if you have increased your overall muscle mass from x to z this could be the answer to your problems. I know alot of people wouldnt consider doing this but i would so my question is could it ?.

Hi there,

I don't think muscle building can stop subluxations. It can certainly help, but no guarantee it won't happen. Have you thought about trying pilates ? It's great for building all the major joints in your body, particularly your shoulders, knees and ankles.

If you have loose ligaments you are more prone to subluxations and dislocations. I fall under that category so understand how frustrating it can be.

I hope this helps.

Let us know how you go !