PDA

View Full Version : capsular shift anyone?

ashtonuk
09-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Its been 3 months since i had open capsular shift for my shoulder yet i still get crunchin when i move my shoulder around... is this normal? because i had this before the surgery but do i need to strengthen the muscles into correct posture again? my physio sucks as u can tell

kjwilkin
09-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Its been 3 months since i had open capsular shift for my shoulder yet i still get crunchin when i move my shoulder around... is this normal? because i had this before the surgery but do i need to strengthen the muscles into correct posture again? my physio sucks as u can tell

Hi there,

I had a capsular shift on my left shoulder about 3 years ago. It took a good year to fully rehab it. I'd say that you're muscles are still getting stronger.

Wherabouts are you based ? I have a fantastic shoulder physio in Melbourne. If you're in London, UK I can tell you a good sports medicine clinic. Let me know if you want their details.

Good luck !!

ashtonuk
14-01-2007, 04:00 AM
Hi there, im 20 year old athlete so hoping that i can fully recover by the 6 month mark, its been about 3 months so im going to start lifting heavy as i can again in the range of motion i can use while strengthening my subscapularis

Im from london England

kjwilkin
14-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Hi there, im 20 year old athlete so hoping that i can fully recover by the 6 month mark, its been about 3 months so im going to start lifting heavy as i can again in the range of motion i can use while strengthening my subscapularis

Im from london England

Hi there,

I lived in London for a couple years and went to a great sports medicine clinic in London called Pure Sports Medicine. They treat a lot of elite athletes as well as the amateur athlete. Their phone number is 0870 2000 878 and website is www.puresportsmed.com I'd recommend you see a sports physician there to see how your recovery is going and whether you're getting the right physio treatment for your rehab.

Let us know how you get on.