PDA

View Full Version : Surgery Update

Mary
21-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Hi Guys,
Thank you everyone who has helped me out with suggestions, advice & encouragment. I had surgery on my left shoulder last thursday. I had an arthoroscopic synovectomy. Basically my OS didn't know what he was going to do until he got in there. To his surprise, my shoulder was red raw. Apparently in 'rare' cases the anchors that he used in the first reconstruction back in feb 06 had caused severe inflammation & it had just been getting worse. He took out all the inflammed tissue & I think has done something to the anchors so that they don't cause any more problems, but he also removed some sac. I only briefly saw him on my discharge the next day after I saw the physio. I get the full results in 2 weeks.

Already an amazing improvement! 1000 times better than what I was - & it hasn't even been 1 week Post op. Movement is good - actually better than it has ever been. The only problem is the one I have in my right shoulder. It needs a second recon later this year, but that's another story.

Thanks again everyone for your support.

Mary

kjwilkin
21-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Hi Mary,

That's great news about your shoulder surgery. Hopefully it will continue to improve.

I saw Greg Hoy last week and I found him great. He suggested I give physio a bit more of a go. My sports physician has suggested I review my shoulder with Greg in 6 to 8 weeks. He wrote a note to my physio and basically focusing on the same things but at a lower level.

Let us know you go with your rehab !

jellybean
21-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Hi Guys,
Thank you everyone who has helped me out with suggestions, advice & encouragment. I had surgery on my left shoulder last thursday. I had an arthoroscopic synovectomy. Basically my OS didn't know what he was going to do until he got in there. To his surprise, my shoulder was red raw. Apparently in 'rare' cases the anchors that he used in the first reconstruction back in feb 06 had caused severe inflammation & it had just been getting worse. He took out all the inflammed tissue & I think has done something to the anchors so that they don't cause any more problems, but he also removed some sac. I only briefly saw him on my discharge the next day after I saw the physio. I get the full results in 2 weeks.

Already an amazing improvement! 1000 times better than what I was - & it hasn't even been 1 week Post op. Movement is good - actually better than it has ever been. The only problem is the one I have in my right shoulder. It needs a second recon later this year, but that's another story.

Thanks again everyone for your support.

Mary

Hi Mary,

Great to hear about the good result!! If it's already feeling improved (despite the recent surgery) that's great news. 'Hope rehab goes well too!!

Cheers,

JB