PDA

View Full Version : Ac Joint Surgery

luckyone
12-03-2007, 02:53 AM
I HAD A 3 DEGREE SEPARATION ON FEBRUARY 19. IT TOOK AWHILE TO GET A SURGERY DATE BUT I JUST HAD THE RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY ON THURSDAY. I WAS FINAALY TO THE POINT OF FULL MOTION OF MY SHOULDER AND PAINLESS. ALTHOUGH QUITE UNCOMFORTABLE HAVING THE BONE STICKING OUT OF MY SHOULDER.
I'M INTO WEIGHT LIFTING SWIMMING GOLFING ETC. I HAD JUST BECHED 325 AND READY FOR 350. NOT BAD FOR JUST TURNING 39. I LOVE CLIMBING AN PRETTY MUCH ALWAYS ACTIVE. THIS HAS BEEN A REAL SLOWDOWN. i INJURDED IT SLEDDING WITH MY SON.

ANYWAY I'M ON DAY FOUR AND JUST TOOK MY ARM OUT OF THE IMOLBILIZER TODAY TO STRETCH OUT MY BI'S AND FOREARM. I DID SOME PENDALUM HANGS TOO - VERY VERY PAIN FULL. THIS IS MUCH MORE PAIN THEN THE ACTUAL SEPERATION. I HAVENT SLEPT FOR MORE THEN TWO HOURS AT A TIME. I EVEN HAD A RECLINER BROUGHT IN - NO HELP. I WAS DISCHARGED WITH ONE PRESCRIPTION OF PAIN KILLERS. LAST NIGHT I STARTED TAKING WHEY PROTEIN SHAKES AND VIT C AND E. I PLACED MY ARM IN A REGULAR ARM SLING THE OTHER HURTS TOO MUCH. FOLLOWUP WITH SURG IS ON WEDSNESDAY.

I HOPE TO BE BACK TO SOME LIFTING IN 6- 8 WEEKS. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED ON MY PROGRESS. GUESS I'LL HAVE START RIDING THE STATIONARY BIKE FOR AEROBICS, SINCE I CANT SEE SWIMMING OR RUNNING ANY TIME SOON.