PDA

View Full Version : Posterior Reconstruction

Mary
12-03-2007, 03:09 PM
:confused: Hi everyone,
Saw my OS & i've been told i've got to have my shoulder done again (had full recon May06) but it is still very loose out the back. Has anyone else had this type of surgery? How does the surgery compare to the Global Recon I had? I've heard this type is not that common? true i don't know. Any advice would be great.

Thanks guys!

Mary

onearmedbandit
08-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Hi Mary,

I know how it feels to be told that you need further surgery.. annoying huh.

I've had 2 surgeries to correct my Multi-Directional Instability (which sounds what you have) and I am about to go in for third as shoulder has posterially dislocated this week again.

There is not much information out there for posterior instability but try shoulderdoc.co.uk as a starting place - has a few good references and links.

All the best.

kjwilkin
08-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Hi Mary,

I'm having a open capsular shift in early May to rectify my multi-directional instability. My shoulder is mainly going out the back. My surgeon thinks I'll only need the one operation to fix the problem.

My surgeon is meant to be one of the best for MDI. Have you thought about getting another opinion in Melbourne ? My surgeon has operated on the likes of Pat Rafter and Shane Warne.

Good luck !