PDA

View Full Version : thanks

softball=love
10-04-2007, 02:10 PM
thank you guys for all of your help
i have been talking it over and i have decided that i will have surgery
i know that think all of u have been saying try the conservative method but i
can't wait forever like some of u have for the easy route
if i am going to make the national team i need labrum tear fixed ass soon as possible!
wish me luck!!!!!!

angieliu
11-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Just remember that with surgery there still might be a long road ahead with rehab. Because the shoulder muscles are so complex you could still be out for a little while doing rehab. Make sure that you ask your surgeon about the recovery period. In the mean time I think that physio might be helpful for you to try to stop scar tissue from developing and reducing the inflammation.

You might also want to find out if doing some physio and a bit of strength work before surgery will be helpful in getting a faster recovery period.

softball=love
11-04-2007, 09:50 AM
thanks
i know that after the surgery it could mean long rehab but
if i go the conservative way and it doesn't work out i am doing to have to have surgery anyway

kjwilkin
12-04-2007, 08:27 PM
thanks
i know that after the surgery it could mean long rehab but
if i go the conservative way and it doesn't work out i am doing to have to have surgery anyway

Hi there,

I totally agree with Ang. Even with surgery the rehab for surgery can be quite lengthy afterwards.

My rehab will probably be up to 6 months post surgery. I know what's involved and am prepared for it.

Good luck !

softball=love
13-04-2007, 09:54 AM
thx but i just like i said before
that if i go the easy way a i still have to end up having surgery
it will all be a waste and i wont be able try out for nationals
but thanks for the fed back!