PDA

View Full Version : MRI Results

Dave Jr.
28-04-2007, 02:50 AM
Hi, I just got the results from my Shoulder MRI back. Can anyone help me decifer what it says? I have an appointment with my Ortho Surgeon next week but would like some feedback on the MRI results.

Impression:
1. Superior and Upper-Posterior Glenoid Labral Tear.
2. Chondrosis at the AnteroInferior Glenoid; Tearing or Degeneration of the AnteroInferior Glenoid Labrum.

That's it. Am I going to surgery?

crazyjack
28-04-2007, 11:13 AM
well thats what i have and my doctor told me that the only way i can fix mine is by having surgery so i am having surgery on may 10th
but
my tear is very large and a piece of the tissue is folded over on top of the bone making it pop anytime i use it
each person's injury is different so don't think that you are going to need surgery right away good luck

angieliu
28-04-2007, 05:21 PM
With tears, I think that it is unique to each person's injury and if there is anything which will complicate it. Most tears as far as I understand will heal over time and most can opt for the conservative treatment.

There is a really good website www.shoulderdoc.co.uk which has general information on shoulder injuries. You might find this useful. I would also ask the ortho when you see him, what are the options for surgery and the likelihood of trialling conservative treatment.