PDA

View Full Version : supraspinatus tear-recovery

ah-oh
05-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm confused.

1 Does a 2x2cm not-quite-full-thickness supra******s tendon tear repair? Or do other surrounding muscles just get stronger and thus replace some of the work of the supra*****s tendon?

2 What would be a time frame for this injury to 'recover' to full movement with diligent physio - no surgery. Or do you never get full movement back but rather get to a point where there is no pain?

3 As a swimmer/water sport person, what is a realistic expectation for what you can do once 'recovered'? Or do I start looking at different sports that don't wreck your back.

Haven't been able to do any swimming, kayaking for 4 months. Been doing all the physio.

angieliu
08-05-2007, 02:00 PM
From my understanding with my shoulder injury I was told that I would have to do rehab for at least 6-12 months if not more. Regarding when to get back into things, I think that you should check with the physio. I have a rather old injury and really wanted to get back into doing weights but have been told they are too risky because my shoulder is unstable and to stay away.