PDA

View Full Version : 6 days after shoulder surgery

debbie clarke
20-06-2007, 05:38 AM
Just keeping you posted all went well in surgery last Thurs. Feel results are great - back to sleeping and free of intense pain is a big bonus. Have heaps of bruising going down arm. Don't know full extent of op till return for post-op examination next week. Any one indecisive about surgery it worked for me although still have a long way to go with physio but its only early days yet. For 1st time in 4 and half months I feel very positive.

kjwilkin
20-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Hi Debbie,

Glad you're feeling so positive.

I'm doing well with my recovery after my open capsular shift but am still experiencing quite a lot of pain. I started physio a couple of weeks ago and already have much better movement that before the operation.

It's great to have a stable shoulder again !!

debbie clarke
22-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Hi Debbie,

Glad you're feeling so positive.

I'm doing well with my recovery after my open capsular shift but am still experiencing quite a lot of pain. I started physio a couple of weeks ago and already have much better movement that before the operation.

It's great to have a stable shoulder again !!
So pleased things are looking up for you as well. I am just doing my own exercises at home atm as I can't drive for another 2 weeks but I can now get arm up to chest level and they required me to get it up to nose level by 3 weeks so I think I am recovering excellent for the short time. I feel for you still being in pain it brings back the horrors to me. I have done a lot of sleeping I can tell you.. Keep on improving kjwilkin

kjwilkin
22-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi Debbie,

Glad to hear things are still on the improve for you. That's great.

I went back to see Greg Hoy for my 6 week post-op review and is really pleased with my progress. Since the middle of the week I have noticed a big difference. At times I was finding it hard to turn corners when I drove, but can do it much more easily now. My pain is now under control after my sports physician prescribed a stronger medication to take at night.

Yesterday I saw my knee surgeon and unfortunately may need more surgery. I had some CT scans and x-rays done today. I go back to see him in early August. It will give me time to really concentrate on my shoulder rehab.

Keep up the good work !!:)

debbie clarke
23-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Sorry that you have trouble with your knee again. Shoulder is feeling quite good but still using pain-killers atm and ice. I fly back to Melb on Wed for day to see doc and he will let me know how i am really doing i guess. I am looking forward to full recovery and getting back to work and being able to enjoy every day events again (just being able to peg washing out or mop the floors will be a novelty for a while) but that will be a fair way off! Rest up and keep on improving that shoulder.

kjwilkin
26-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi Debbie,

Good luck with your post-op follow up tomorrow. Let me know how you go.

My shoulder is doing well but still experiencing quite a bit of pain at night. Just trying to find the right medication.

Seeing my sports physician today so hoping to get some more info re my knee.

debbie clarke
29-06-2007, 01:36 AM
Post Op Went Excellent - Although I Do Have To Slow Myself Down A Tad As Being 60% Better Off Pain Wise Since The Op I Must Remember Its Only 2 Weeks Since Op. My Bursar Was Taken Completely Out, Cleaned Up And Then They Had To Re-construct It To Fit Shoulder As It Was Pressing On Nerves And Tendons Bfore Surgery - No Wonder It Was So Painful! Spurrs Were Removed From Shoulder Edge And Scar Tissue Cleaned Up From Sup Tear, There Was No Way Surgery Could Have Been Avoided The Surgeon Informed Me. I Now Start Rehab In Pool 5x Week For 6 Weeks. I Siill Have A Bit Of A Way To Go But I Will Get There.

debbie clarke
29-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Hi Debbie,

Good luck with your post-op follow up tomorrow. Let me know how you go.

My shoulder is doing well but still experiencing quite a bit of pain at night. Just trying to find the right medication.

Seeing my sports physician today so hoping to get some more info re my knee.
HAVE SENT YOU PRIVATE MESSAGE

debbie clarke
05-07-2007, 06:56 AM
3 weeks after op things are going well although have been told by 3 medical staff in last week to slow it down a bit. Pool therapy is really freeing shoulder up - I cant do any physical work for another month - really bored now I am feeling so much better. Post op was great news both surgeon and myself very happy with results. My bursa was taken out and reconstructed to fit back in as it had sunken and not fitting into shoulder properly - hence annoying and connecting with tendons and nerves. It is now obvious why I was in soo much pain before op. Dr Moran was a real genuine everyday person as well as surgeon and recommend him to anyone.

angieliu
05-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Debbie. So glad to hear that things are going well with rehab. It's comforting to think that people can have such positive outcomes. I'm seeing the shoulder surgeon in about a week and still i'm tossing up on the benefits of surgery especially with an old injury.

But really, you do need to slow down and take it easy because it will all just suddenly pile up and you'll suddenly feel exhausted. So take it easy.

debbie clarke
06-07-2007, 06:37 AM
[
Thanks Angieliu for your support and yes I am slowing down after a conversation with physio and therapist yesterday who warned me of the consequences if i didn't. My case manager had surgery 2 years after injury and she has not regretted it. Its very handy to have a case manager that knows how slow shoulders are and how painful they can be when they aren't right. All the best with your decision but after my experience I say go for it - its such a relief to be 60% better off pain wise and just to sleep more than 3 hours a night is incredible. I almost forgot it was normal to have 6 to 8 hours sleep at night!!!

debbie clarke
28-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Its now 6 weeks since surgery and still going well - only hiccup was I hyper extended about 10 days ago that meant had to lay low with extension exercises. Rotation is now almost norm have a little way to go on the behind back rotation but that is about all. The best news is I start back to work on Monday on light duties. So it seems my 6 month nightmare is coming to an end. Bursa still will take time to settle and back on anti flam but that is the only discomfort now. Still wont be lifting or pushing for a while yet and I make sure I dont go amongst crowds to get it bumped. Thanks to a great surgeon, physio and bowen therapist who have believed in me and repaired my faith in the medical system. Didn't have a good start but end result is marvellous.

angieliu
28-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Hey Debbie

Good to hear that things are coming along really well. You mentioned in a previous post that hydrotherapy has been really good. Can you tell me a little more about it? I'm going to pick up swimming and some water aerobics in the next couple of weeks.

Angie