PDA

View Full Version : Severe pain after open capsular shift

kjwilkin
03-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Hi there,

Has anyone experienced severe pain after having an open capsular shift ?

I had my operation over 8 weeks ago and still experiencing severe pain with my shoulder. Rang my shoulder surgeon's rooms and said it can be like that for a couple of months. My sports physician is away for a couple of weeks so can't see him. Seeing my shoulder physio tomorrow so hopefully he'll be able to shed some light.

hopeful
04-07-2007, 04:40 PM
i strongly recommend you see a good sports physician

angieliu
04-07-2007, 04:47 PM
I would ask your physio to see if he can shed some more light in this issue and also ask him to think about strategies to try to avoid aggrevating your shoulder whilst your sports doc is away.

I have found with some exercises for my shoulder that it has aggrevated them and I have had my physio moderate them. The slightest thing like changing the angle helps a lot.

I know it's not particularly helpful if your sports doc is away. but hopefully the slight moderation in our exercises and some suggestions from your physio can help. You could try some acupuncture to try to relieve some of the inflammation. Acupuncture has been shown to be really beneficial with this. I foundit really helped when I first injured my shoulder. Now it's only beneficial with rellieving stagnant blood flow to certain muscles.

Take care