PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder - Tight Ext Rotators

Ricardo123
14-04-2005, 12:47 AM
Hi All

I have tight ext rotators on my right side (shortened).

Would massage help to stretch them and if so what type would you recommend?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

Ricardo123
12-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Wow! A 179 views and no replies!

What about stretches are there any stretches I can do? EXRX stretches or arm across body do not work.

Unregistered
02-08-2005, 05:03 PM
I have tight muscles all around my right shoulder and have some external rotator exercises that my physio gave me to do. I have a theraband (giant stretchy rubberband type thing) exercise that specifically works external rotators. I hold my arm against my side keeping the elbow against my body (physio suggested putting a piece of paper between elbow and body so that if I drop the paper I know that I have allowed the elbow to lift). I then have to pull the theraband so that my forearm goes away from my body (not across my body). I have to do 3 sets of 20 twice a day.

I'm not noticing a big improvement, but apparently my range of motion is improving according to some tests the physio did.

Physio also massages the muscles just under my arm pit and towards my back once a week, hurts like hell then feels awesome afterwards with great freedom of movement.

I'm not a Dr so I hope I've explained this in a way that makes some sort of sense!