PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Shoulder

whopper
14-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Over the last few days(mainly at night) I have had an increasing amount of pain in my left shoulder. Last night I could hardly sleep as each time I moved I awoke with a jolt of pain and often had to use my right arm to move my left shoulder. I went to my physio during the day and he suspects a frozen shoulder.

I have read a fair amount about this condition on the net but would like to get some recommendations as to how to treat this conditions if it fully sets in?

tanjoh
15-02-2006, 07:19 PM
I just got diagnosed with the same thing, my doctor said he has the same problem and has been 18 months without fixing and he has tried most things (he said it effects middle aged people bad) He then proceeded to take my $52 without offering any advice. Has anyone advised you of a cure.

JD

mhaber
29-03-2006, 09:41 PM
I just got diagnosed with the same thing, my doctor said he has the same problem and has been 18 months without fixing and he has tried most things (he said it effects middle aged people bad) He then proceeded to take my $52 without offering any advice. Has anyone advised you of a cure.

JD
No known cure but most people have a complete recovery by 18 months to 2 years. Cortisone injections into the shoulder joint performed under xray can atleast improve the pain, but not movement. Arthroscopic release of the frozen shoulder is an option if there has been no spontaeous recovery by at least 6 months. Have a look at my web site on:
http://www.so.com.au/Patient_information/conditions/shoulder/Adcap/frozen_shoulder.htm

Unregistered
01-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Fantastic website Mark!! Great synthesis of information from a range of sources as well as great visuals (MRIs, 'scopes etc.), clearly and logically presented. Interesting to see visuals of what actually happens during arthroscopic surgery.

I am, thankfully, in the final stages of a secondary capsulitis (frozen shoulder) that resulted from a rotator cuff tear. The information provided on your site is a great synthesis of the info that I discovered over hours of searching the internet. Would have loved to have seen your site 18 months ago! A one-stop shop! (As it is my "purple patch" of injuries has continued - I haven't had any other injuries for years so I seem to be playing catch up - just had my knee 'scoped - meniscal tear and Grade 3 chondral defect on patella. Your site also has useful info on these. Thanks!!!

Kazlikesgreen
26-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Hi,
Just wanting to see if I could get any advice?
Im 24 and about a year ago I fell pretty badly onto my right shoulder in a soccer game, Since then I've had some pretty intense pains in my shoulder.
Orginally i was told I had bursitis and tendonitis which they shoved a cortisone into my bursa to settle. I then went off to visit an ortheo surgeon who did an MRI as he thought I had a tear because the pain was so intense. There was nothing but that flared my shoulder up again so they said it looked like an instability issue and that there was months of rehab. Well that went on but the pain hasn't disappeared. It's gotten worse.
I had another cortisone and got referred to a new surgeon who has decided to treat me for Frozen shoulder as everything else seems totally fine. He also decided to shove another cortisone in me this time in the back of the shoulder.
Does anyone know if bursitis and tendonitis can turn into a forzen shoulder? The pain is the most amazing thing ever (i might even compare it to child birth someday) and i constantly am in pain. I unfortunately cannot stomach anti-inflams and am already on the strongest pain killers I can be on and still function somwhat!
Any advice greatly appericated!
Kaz

langer
10-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Hello All,

I have been reading your posts and I think I may have a solution to your problem.

One of my friends used to live a very active lifestyle for many years, she found herself suddenly having problems 3 years ago, about when she turned 60. In both feet, she developed something called plantar faciitis. Her doctor said it was caused by tears or inflammation in the long, flat ligament that goes from heel to toe. Whatever the cause, it was extremely painful, and then led to bone spurs on both heels. Even with prescription medication with Tylenol in between, it hurt so badly she couldn't even stand at the sink and peel 4 potatoes. There was no relief even in bed--when lying down the pain changed and felt like someone was driving an ice pick into her heels. Along with this she began suffering with what felt like sciatic nerve pain from low back to foot.

Then, apparently from raking too many leaves, she ended up with a "frozen" right shoulder, and even with a cortisone shot, still had pain and only limited use of that arm. As if adding insult to injury, the same thing happened to her left shoulder, so she lived in constant pain and hadn't had a good night's sleep in three solid years. Until she began drinking the Acai Active Blend tonic from the Amazon.

She took just one ounce, twice daily, and by the end of the SECOND day, the pain was essentially gone. EVERYWHERE. She positively could not believe it (either could I). This is now Day 21, and she hasn't felt this good in many years!

If you would like to try this product for yourselves go to PremierHealthDrink.com

God bless you all.

ah-oh
10-08-2007, 11:59 PM
MHarper, your website was great. Really freaked me out now that I know in graphic detail what will be happening in about 1 week.

Very informmative and clearly presented info. Thanks for putting it together.