PDA

View Full Version : Fractured Fibula

Christian
13-07-2005, 05:45 PM
What is the average time for a leg cast to be on for a non-displaced fractured fibula (mid leg)? I have heard everything from 4 weeks to 8 weeks.

injuryupdate
20-07-2005, 02:46 PM
May not even need a cast if high up in the leg. The lower down the worse the prognosis. Low in the leg requires internal fixation (surgery) in most cases.

Unregistered
05-09-2005, 11:26 PM
I Broke my Fibula by Playin Football. I heard a few cracks when i got tackled down so i asked my parents to bring me to the hospital. We did an Xray and found out it was broken at 2 spots. One snap is on top of a nother. Will it Require any Surgery Because i just started school and dont feal like missing it! Please reply ty.

Unregistered
10-02-2006, 02:33 PM
I had to go to a county hospital (no insurance) and they are completely ignoring the fibula fracture??? I was only in a cast for 13 days then they switched me to a fracture brace? Now it really hurts!!!
Broke leg Dec 26th
Set and cast Dec 28th
Removed Cast and applied brace Jan 9th
I think I need 2nd opinion???

Mary
Please reply to bratbird@hotmail.com

MBP
28-03-2006, 08:24 PM
The fibula is not a major weight-bearing bone of the leg, probably only about 10% of the body weight goes through it. A lot of people may continue to walk with the fibula fracture without major discomfort/disability, and a lot of doctors will generally leave it to heal without major intervention - and it generally does so. This may be why it seems as if they arent paying as much attention to the fibula.

Unregistered
23-05-2006, 08:52 PM
I Broke my Fibula by Playin Football. I heard a few cracks when i got tackled down so i asked my parents to bring me to the hospital. We did an Xray and found out it was broken at 2 spots. One snap is on top of a nother. Will it Require any Surgery Because i just started school and dont feal like missing it! Please reply ty.
fractured fibula about 100mill up from ankle.cast straight away 7 days later surgey to have a permanant plate and 12 screws in plaster of after 2weeks then phiso 5months ago

Unregistered
13-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Hi, I fractured my fibula yesterday while playing football. I basically just rolled my ankle over the ball badly and it hurt. i went to the hospital and luckly I did not have to have an operation on it. The doctor said it would be fine to heal up by itself. So it was put in a plaster.

I've been told it will take 6 weeks to heal ('give or take'). I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a small possiblity that it could heal up within 4 weeks time? Or if i did take it off after 4 weeks i would not mind having a bit of a limp for a bit. Unless, it would effect me in the long term.

This is because on July the 17th i wanted to go a festival in Barcenlona. All my friends are going and I would love to go so much! I probably wont go if my leg is still in plaster just because i would miss out on a lot of things (e.g. swimming)....I've been trying to rest my foot as much as possible and keeping it above the level of my heart to try and reduce the swelling as fast possible....plus i have been drinkin lots of milk! haha.

If anyone could help or advise on it healing any quicker? it would be much appreciated. Or if it is at all possible for it to be healed by 4 weeks...?

Thank you

Will x

Unregistered
26-06-2006, 03:01 PM
My son fractured his fibula on tuesday but didn't go in for xrays until Friday. I didn't go with him but I quess the fracture is close to the ankle but it is not broke all the way through the bone. He does not have insurance so he just got the Xray and didn't ask alot of questions of the doctor because he thought it would cost more. But the urgent care doctor did recommend a cast and to go see a orthopedic surgeon. He is not casting it but has a hard plastic boot that goes up to the knee and keeps it immobile. He is icing it and elevating it. Is this just to risky? Or does this sound Okay. How long should he stay off it. Worried Mom needs some answers.

brokendrunken
23-02-2007, 01:41 PM
this is the first time i break a bone. i was drunk when it happened.
i cant remember how it happened. from the stories ive heard it leads me to believe that foul play was involved. my fibula is fractured in two places and the shin bone is dislocated from where it sopposed to be at the ankle, its to the side, know what i mean?
obviosly lots of swelling has occured and pain. can anyone give me some pointers?
i have no insurance and cant qualify for medical, i dont have money to even pay the surgeon up front, so for now im stuck in a splint. its been five days since it happened.
they told me ill need surgery and gave me pain killers and thats it.
someone please point me in the right direction, i dont know how to go about this.
thank you and Godbless all.

jonnystrac
17-04-2007, 09:50 AM
hey i fractured my fibular just above my ancel on the 15th of april, from what ive read it is abit scary hearing how the storys vairy from people saying sugery is/isnt needed..
i did it playing football, and tranining the 6 months prior to round one and doin this in the second minute or the 1st qauter was very dissapointing for me. all i have is a crack in it above the ancel and would like to know what could happen,time to come back, and rehabilitation to get back into shape for finals..? i heard a pop or crack when i went down and dont really know too much because i couldnt understand my doctors accsent, and another thing i read 'The fibula is not a major weight-bearing bone of the leg, probably only about 10% of the body weight goes through it. A lot of people may continue to walk with the fibula fracture without major discomfort/disability'. the pain is unbarable i cannot even move it i havent slept in 3 days!!

sweeper
21-04-2007, 08:37 AM
I have fractured my fibula in each leg in the past 7 months playing soccer. The first break was clean threw. I was on crutches and in a boot for a month, then the walking-boot for another 3 weeks, then a brace for another month. It took about three months before I was discharged to walk without any support and allowed to rehab and start running again.

7 months later... I broke my right fibula with a spiral fracture and have a hairline displasia. I am in a walking boot and on crutches again. I am also wearing a compression sock to help with the swelling.

Keep your leg elevated as much as possible. Cover it with ice packs daily for a little while to help with swelling. Ibuprofin helps with pain and swelling. Do not put weight on the broken leg for 3 weeks to a month. Even thought it isn't a weight-bearing bone...the added preassure will cause swelling. The swelling will slow the healing process and increase pain. You also risk displacing the break. This time I am also taking calcium supplements which my doctor liked.

It hurts like hell before there's any relief. Hang in there and be patient. It does heal nicely if you follow the doctor's instructions. Best of Luck.

jonnystrac
22-04-2007, 11:44 AM
things are going nicley i think the doc will kill me but i took my cast off and its pretty badley swallen and ther is pooling of blood at the bottem of my foot but that was all expected. im doin exersizes with it to keep the coordination of it, i got the cast back on now and can walk on it with no discomfert only a small amount of pain. the doc says 6 weeks, my trainer says 4, so basicly that means 3 im guessn:rolleyes: but yeh i think i should be alright, afraid of gaining weight and loosing too much aerobic fitness as i have a international championship in october. but yeah ill take it easy at the 1st tranings and not play for a few weeks after its off, or will i?;) .but thanks it is alot better hearing this stuff from people who have expirienced it instead of a doc its a real help thaks.
good luck sweeper lets hope ur bad rin is over!

soccermom
30-04-2007, 10:19 AM
i broke my ankle playing soccer 1 1/2 years ago....after 6 weeks was told to go ahead on it and it was really painful. after the doctor said i was so whiney :mad: that he would go ahead and ct/mri it...turns out 12 weeks after the initial break it was still a non union fracture. long story...2 surgeries and 1 1/2 years later, that "simple" fracture is still a swollen mess! limping around on it threw my already bad hips out of whack and i have been hangin' out on the hip injury part of this board for that last 6 months. was off my leg for 4 weeks due to hip surgery and my ankle did not fair well with that. it is like wrecking that new car...just never the same. everything i have heard on ankles is to rehab them right....and i totally believe it. once you get out of that cast, spend your time with PT!
soccermom

nicole james
04-09-2007, 02:06 AM
Hi everyone,

Its really worrying to hear you say as your not insured you cant get treated. I live in England and assumed it was the same everywhere. My boyfriend has broken his fibular right above the ankle and had x ray same night which showed the break. That night he was knocked out while a dotor repositioned the bone and put a cast on. 3 Days later he had surgery called open end reduction where they fix a plate and screws to hold the broken bone together to ensure it heals ok. All of this is free as its called national health service and free to all uk residents. If you think you have broken bone and dont get it fixed as quickly as possible it may affect you in later life quite badly and within a year cause arhrtis. Do you have no help at all there?

EllieMay
27-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Not exactly an injury. Undiagnosed large lesion on lower fibula. Told that regardless of disgnosis (malignant or not), must be removed ASAP, no more than eggshell thickness bone left on large (roughly 2 inch) area. I don't know what this is going to mean in regards to my capacity to work, currently work 38 hours in childcare (contact with kids, on feet all day and running, dancing etc) I'm really worried, thought this would be simple cut out and go back to work in 6 weeks, no dramas..... hmmm thinking maybe not.... anyone who could let me know just how serious a removal of piece of fibula is would be great to know anything. Thanks.

santasgirl1976
30-10-2007, 12:28 PM
I fractured my fibula September 29, 2007 went to er they xrayed 3 cracks in fibula. Went to orthopedic that monday. She scheduled me for surgery. She said since the fracture was in the lower part of leg that it could mend funny. They were clean fractures but she said they could splinter and cause alot of scar tissue and make it uncomfortable in the long run. I have a plate and 9 screws now. Came out of surgery with a cast on leg. Went back two weeks later to have staples removed from leg and she recasted me for another 2 weeks. Went back today and she gave me a walking boot to wear with my cast for another 2 weeks. Then she said if everything looks ok that she would give me a aircast next time. I guess it depends on the fracture on how long you would have to wear and cast. She said if I didn't have surgery I would wear cast longer than someone who didn't.

ema3185
05-01-2008, 02:09 AM
I just broke my fibula this past friday night, I had the cast put on monday afternoon and have been limping around ever since. This is the first time I have ever broken anything...honestly I have never even had a bloody nose. Luckily it was a clean break and did not need to be reset. I don't know how to deal with the anxiety of this whole situation. I want to move sooooooo bad. I am a very active girl. I surf...well I used to before this happened and I skateboard. Anybody have some ideas as to how to kill time???

Also some extra tips that I have learned;
Smoking a cigarette stops the bone building process for about 30 minutes
List of essential nutrients that promote healing in bones -
400 IU vitamin D
500mg vitamin C with bioflavnoids
1,000- 1,500mg calcium in divided doses
1,000mg silica
500- 750mg mganesium in divided doses
10mg boron
500mg glucosamine sulphate
500mg chondroitin sulphate
1 tbsp of a green food supplement
All of these can be found at your local vitamin shop. Carefully read all directions and precautions before taking any supplements. If you have questions, speak with your doctor. Also it is best to take calcium at night, this is when the body will absorb it best. I would also take the boron at night because it reduces urinary excretion of calcium and magnesium. The silica is important to take at night as well because it helps the body absorb the calcium.
If anybody would like to chat or share stories you can email me at eallison@r1mortgage.net or you can check out my xray on my myspace page
www.myspace.com/ema3185

blair18
10-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Ive just broken fibula 7 days ago. In 2 spots 1.5" above ankle. One is spiral. Non-displaced!
Had half plaster cast on for first week. Doctor allowed air-cast(more comfortable)
for second week. No surgeries needed!!..just starting second week!..Doc says 4 weeks with no weigt on it. Maybe 6!. But start movement exercises after 4wks!.. I thought was
going to be worse.. No soccer for a while!....Oh ya, also heard the snap....(pleasant)

OuchThatHurts
03-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Hi all,

I fractured my fibula last night. I was running to my car when I slipped on an icy patch - everything bent the wrong way. Thankfully, it looks like I will not require surgery. Also, I am from Canada, so I don't have to worry about the big hospital bills - I feel bad for you guys in the states.

Initially, I couldn't sleep. I tried elevating my foot (it is in a robo-boot air cast). This didn't help (too much pressure on my heel seems to push the broken bone out of position). The only thing that worked for me was to assume a sitting posture on my bed, with a pillow under the affected foot, then lay on my back (depending on the height of your bed, you may have to put something under your feet so that they aren't hanging in mid-air. Also, I found that it worked best if the angle between my thigh and calf was slightly more than 90 degrees. I also slid a foot stool under the unaffected leg).

Hope this helps!

saepfc82
18-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Hey, im just curious. i broke my fibula on saturday.. I heard a crack. Went straight to the hospital. Had xrays got it plastered up, showed i broke it just above the ankle.. Going down the leg.. Just wanted to know, what do you reckon on recovery time?? Do you reckon it will require surgery from what i told you?
Thanks alot for your time...

marcy
24-03-2008, 02:56 AM
Hi,
I just broke my fibula 3-13-08. I fell on black ice, heard a crack, just thought it was a sprain. A few hours later I decided to go to the ER, they "set" it and put it in a soft cast. Went to the orthopedic doc 3-17, got some more x-rays before they were going to cast it, bone shifted or something and had to be surgically re-aligned the next day. one plate, countless screws later, I am board out of my mind! They told me I can't put weight on it for at least eight weeks. Trying to finish up my last semester of school, looking to rent a wheelchair because crutches...are a little exhausting. Just one year ago, I had sprained my left ankle and had to use crutches for 2 months....

marcy
24-03-2008, 03:01 AM
hahahaha, I feel the same way! I have this pile of pillows and cushions that I re-arrange on a regular basis to make my leg feel better. I also have a table next to the bed to rest my normal leg on. when people come over I can tell by the look on their faces they think I am nuts with the pillows and blankets to make myself comfy! best of luck to all in the recovery process.

lythgoe
29-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Hi I broke my my fibula just above my ankle on Sunday 18th and had a plate and screws inserted in an operation the same day. I had a temporary cast from Sunday 18th to Monday 26th where I had a full plaster cast put on. Tomorrow I will have my stitches taken out and a new cast put on for two weeks. That's a total of just under 4 weeks. I'm worried this may be too soon, not that I'm in pain but from everyone else it seems that they have had a cast on much longer? It really sucks doesn't it having to sit at home!

gixer
16-06-2008, 04:35 PM
I had a cast on for 5 weeks fractured fibula fairly close to the ankle. This wasn't working so i had it fixed with a 150mm plate and 7 screws. I was told not to walk on it for 6 weeks. I had the splint off in a week after the surgery no cast required. I was in a lot of pain the week after the proceedure then it started to feel ok. I was walking short distances after 3 weeks no crutches and i was walking perfectly after 6 weeks and the surgeon says it has healed really well. Total time 8-10 weeks before i was walking from after injury. Still got a long time till i will be back playing AFL but at least i can go to the gym and ride a bike and swim to build it back up. My advice if you get offered surgery straight up....Take it! Tis the quickest recovery time!

brokenfibula24
08-07-2008, 10:18 AM
i broke my fibula 5/23/08 today i got my cast off and was told i needed a walker boot but instead i got a splint put on. when i get the walker boot am i allowed to walk in it?

Chrisk
08-09-2008, 08:59 PM
I broke my fibula playing football and went to A&E who xrayed it and said i don't need pins. I then went back 2 weeks later and the physio said i don't need the cast anymore after only two weeks. This is very worrying for me as the fibula was broken clean through so i am now having to be extra careful not to bang the break and displace it.

I currently have no support on the break at all is this correct ?

fred999
17-01-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm in a very similar situation. I broke my fibula on a Saturday after getting hit by a car. The emergency room put a very hefty splint on it, gave me crutches and directed me to see an orthopedic that Monday. On Monday the orthopedic surgeon said "Yes, it's broke", cut off the splint, wrapped it in an ace bandage and told me to come back in three weeks so they could xray and see the healing. His opinion was that I would stay off it because it hurts and is swollen but as soon as I was able I could start putting a little weight on it. I thought it was great news but am really worried about causing more injury or preventing it from healing correctly.

dfelix
12-02-2009, 11:36 PM
My son fractured his fibula on tuesday but didn't go in for xrays until Friday. I didn't go with him but I quess the fracture is close to the ankle but it is not broke all the way through the bone. He does not have insurance so he just got the Xray and didn't ask alot of questions of the doctor because he thought it would cost more. But the urgent care doctor did recommend a cast and to go see a orthopedic surgeon. He is not casting it but has a hard plastic boot that goes up to the knee and keeps it immobile. He is icing it and elevating it. Is this just to risky? Or does this sound Okay. How long should he stay off it. Worried Mom needs some answers.

If your son requires surgery (plate and screws), the cost would be about $5000 including anesthesia and the various splints and casts. If he does not require surgery, it would be a lot less expensive. The fact is, he should see a orthopedic surgeon to make sure his bone heals as it should otherwise he could experience discomfort for the rest of his life. I broke my fibula in 2 places near the ankle and had the required surgery. Hopefully he won't need surgery, but he should go see a surgeon who may be able to come up with a payment plan if surgery is required.

poper1
18-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Broke my fibula 2 inches above my ankle 3 weeks ago. I have had no weight bearing for the past 3 weeks. As much as I want to walk on it I am afraid of how bad it will hurt. If I bump the boot the wrong way it really hurts. I go back to the ortho next Monday. They think that it should heal without surgery. The bones are lined up. I am wondering if I have a bad ankle sprain with it since my ankle and toes are still swollen. Is it normal to need a pain killer in the evening or am I being a wimp. I am a teacher and crutch around all day--so I am not sitting around with it elevated all day. I am also a runner and this sitting around is driving me bonkers. Any advice or suggestions--it is getting lonely sitting in the lazy boy in the evening!!

mhs68
13-03-2009, 09:30 AM
POPER1:
I fractured my fibula approx. 3wk ago (jet ski accident), I was out of the countyr and did not see a Doctor until 10 days after injury. After x-ray I was told about fracture but told it was clean and aligned. I was told to use a removable brace in which I did. Wk later took another x-ray now not aligned and need surgery. Going for a 2nd opinion nxt week. Does anyone know what the recovery time is with a plate and screws after operation and I have travel plans in a few weeks, is this still possible or will I be in pain and if anyone knows after surgery when will walking be somewhat normal. ANY RESPONSE OR INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED

dede23
13-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Its a bummer that this has happened but the recovery time wil be shorter with the plates and stuff. U will prob remain non weight bearing for a few wks and then they will introduce weight bearing as tolerated. U need to follow the surgeons directions. Alot of surgeons have diff post op plans so just follow urs. U might go from a half cast (a plaster back slab bandaged on to hold leg still but allow easy access to surgical wound and allow room for swelling. Then they wil put full cast on for a period- it might be for 3-6wks. It depends and each country has different ideas of the best time frame. It also depends where and the severity. Or u might straight into a moon boot- big bulky plastic knee to foot boot (if its low enuf) that is full of padding to protect. To have plates/screws doesnt mean its SERIOUS it mite just mean its not healing as quickly and having a bit too much movement for his liking. Its when u start breaking larger bones or breaking it in a way it breaks the skin and is displaced from the start that things are SERIOUS. Dont think im saying its not a serious thing u have done, but it wasnt to start with and its just not gone the way ur specialist had planned. Traveling should be fine- but be carefull. If in the car, get out regularly to stretch and decrease chances of blood clots- a risk every time u have a fracture and have surgery. If u have a chance to elevate- do it. If ur flying, u will need a clearance from ur doctor to fly, most airlines will question it. Be better off having the letter with u and not have plans delayed or cancelled cos of this. Regularly moving ur toes on the fractured leg will help deliver blood to the surgical areas also. U cant do foot pumps so this is the best way to do this. U need to ask all these Q's from ur surgeon to get the safest treatment and post op care u can!!! If ur 2nd opinion agree- its prob the best option for a quicker healing time. They can re align it under anasthetic and just put in cast but if its got movement now, its prob not going to be sufficient to stay put after this. Hence the plate and screws. I had patella tendon re alignemtn then fractured the graft mth later and then needed the screws removed and wires put in their place. Its a pain in ass but do whats best for u in the long run- not today or tomorrow. Gd luck and hopefully i have helped u outa bit.

Janell
16-03-2009, 01:32 AM
I slipped on the ice and fell while I was running and fractured my fibula in 2 places. I needed surgery because when I fell, I displaced my ankle bone and tore tendons. I have a plate on my fibula (permanant) and 2 screws to hold my ankle together until it heals.
I did not have insurance and am now $10,300.00 in the hole.
Today is March 15th, I had surgery on February 6th. I have started to do mild weight bearing just to see and have had no pain just uncomfortable and a little sore, (and I still have my cast on). The doctor told me not to weight bear but it doesn't hurt so I am walking some.
I think 4-6 weeks is fair to say you can start walking but I think it also depends on the individual. Sitting around is driving me crazy. I get my cast off Wednesday and am probably going to get a boot.
My question is .... is there anywhere other than my Orthopedic's office that I can get a walking boot? I'm worried they will overcharge me for something that I can get way cheaper somewhere else. Maybe online? Since my botched cast cost $400, I'm figuring the boot will also be riduculously priced.
Has anyone else gotten a walking boot on their own and will my doctor let me use it?

Yvette
20-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Hi my name is Yvette, I fractured my fib and shattered my tib back in 2007. I have had 9 surgerys and still can not walk in bear feet very well. I have had massive amounts of rehab and push myself so much but it is a hard road.

Yvette
20-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi I shatter my fib and tib back in 2007 I have had 9 ops. Having the plates and screw in was not that bad, the rehab is quite hard. I had to get the plates and screw taking out which was worst.

You will need to give yourself 5 weeks after the op to feel ok, and then from there get on a bike at the gym. If you can go to the pools go and swim and jog in a deep pool, it is great to help with the ankle to move again.

The one thing I can tell you is that you have to go through the pain to get back to where you were. It will test you and you will see that you are stronger than you though.

I am still trying to learn how to walk, I have just in the past week been put back into plaster to try and strengh my achilles, as it has shorted after all my ops. I have to have this streched every week and cast while it is in the strench, i have had 2 children and that is a walk in the park next to this.

You will be fine, but stay strong and push yourself no one will do it for you

Regards

Yvette

bballnate87
01-06-2009, 04:53 AM
Hi, I fractured my fibula yesterday while playing football. I basically just rolled my ankle over the ball badly and it hurt. i went to the hospital and luckly I did not have to have an operation on it. The doctor said it would be fine to heal up by itself. So it was put in a plaster.

I've been told it will take 6 weeks to heal ('give or take'). I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a small possiblity that it could heal up within 4 weeks time? Or if i did take it off after 4 weeks i would not mind having a bit of a limp for a bit. Unless, it would effect me in the long term.

This is because on July the 17th i wanted to go a festival in Barcenlona. All my friends are going and I would love to go so much! I probably wont go if my leg is still in plaster just because i would miss out on a lot of things (e.g. swimming)....I've been trying to rest my foot as much as possible and keeping it above the level of my heart to try and reduce the swelling as fast possible....plus i have been drinkin lots of milk! haha.

If anyone could help or advise on it healing any quicker? it would be much appreciated. Or if it is at all possible for it to be healed by 4 weeks...?

Thank you

Will x

Something similar happened to me on March 5, 2009. I was playing basketball and rolled my ankled after landing on someone's foot. I heard a pop and felt pain so I went to the doc. I fractured my fibula about half way between my ankle and knee. I was put in an air cast for 8 weeks. It has now been three months and I still have not healed completely. I can walk, play golf, and pretty much everything except run.
Only thing that I know to heal quicker would be to rest the injury as much as possible and ice it. Also when the fracture had 8 weeks to heal I started to stretch to keep the muscles in my leg limber, and also lifted light weights for my upper leg to build back strength.
A broken bone has four stages to its healing process. First, it swells up and is very painful. The swelling a result of cells flooding the area to remove dead cells in order for the repair process to begin. Then the bone begins to remodel and a caluc formed. Third the calus begin to harden and becomes more dense. Lastly, the the remodeling is complete when the calus is so compacted it turns into bone, which may take up to four months.
Through my experience I would say its going to take at least three months to be 100%again. You should have no problem with going to Barcelona, if anything its a good way to start a conversation with a female.

hudson b
04-08-2009, 02:08 PM

I fractured my fibula skateboarding 6 weeks ago. I went to the doctor, they tried to plaster me up but i was leaving for el salvador shortly so they but me in a plastic boot. I just got out 4 days ago and i feel perfectly fine. The doctor said i was not allowed to run for 2 weeks but my leg is barely swollen and i can walk great. Tell your son to rest and stay off it for at least 5 weeks... 6 for good measure.

Malcolm
10-08-2009, 10:18 PM
I fractured my fibula about 3 years ago and was back at work after 3 week. I used Dr Wheatgrass cream and after a week pain free and no swelling. The second x-ray taken 3 weeks later showed I had complete healing. For more details about this cream have a look at www.drwheatgrass.com

lindseyparker
28-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi all...
I am Lindsey. I had a car accident in 2001. I had both my limbs crushed. After that i undergone 7 surgeries and had a limb bone implantation. Finally i was about to walk but till today i cannot do heavy exercises and heavy work.

emmayc30
23-12-2009, 08:58 PM
i fractured my fibular on september 27 i drove myself to the hospital and after 4 hours, xrays and not being see by a doctor i was told by the nurse that i had damaged tendons and a bruised knee, i took 2 days off work and was walking around on it for 3 weeks when i could no longer put any pressure on it, i took a taxi to the hospital where the very sarcastic nurse asked me if i was crying through pain or that i was getting attention, after another few hours they gave me crutches and a tubular bandage and told me that i fractured my fibular 1 3rd up from the ankle, and i would have to attend the fracture clinic the following morning, where i was put in cast for 3 weeks, when i returned to have it removed i was given a moonboot (removable walking cast) when i advised my doc that it feels like its getting worse she told me to go back to the hospital, where i was put back in cast for another 4 weeks, and if it didnt heal then id have to have an operation, when i returned last week i was told another 4 weeks in cast, so a total of 13 weeks in cast!