PDA

View Full Version : impingent of the shoulder & scapula control is weak what should i do.

robbo1331
25-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Hi i injured my shoulder skiing about 4 1/2 months ago and i am still getting pain with it my friend who is training to be a physio said i have got an impingent of the shoulder & my scapula control is weak, can anyone let me know what exersises i can do to help it recover

Thanks
Robbo

Dr J
25-07-2005, 08:51 PM
why not ask your physio mate, best to be shown these 1 on 1

robbo1331
25-07-2005, 09:01 PM
He says he dosn't know any exercises yet as he hasn't done much with shoulder injuries but from what he's learnt thats the diagnosis he has given me

Coxy
20-08-2005, 09:38 AM
He says he dosn't know any exercises yet as he hasn't done much with shoulder injuries but from what he's learnt thats the diagnosis he has given me

As Dr J said, go see a physio. I had an impingement about a year ago and the treatment focussed on fixing my posture, and then strengthening the core muscles in the shoulder joint.

It took about 4-6 weeks of those exercises before the pain was gone completely and I had full range of motion again. Since then whenever I get similar pain in either shoulder I go straight back into those exercises and I usually get rid of it in a day.

I can't recommend seeing a physio more strongly.