Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supraspinatus tear-recovery

I'm confused.

1 Does a 2x2cm not-quite-full-thickness supra******s tendon tear repair? Or do other surrounding muscles just get stronger and thus replace some of the work of the supra*****s tendon?

2 What would be a time frame for this injury to 'recover' to full movement with diligent physio - no surgery. Or do you never get full movement back but rather get to a point where there is no pain?

3 As a swimmer/water sport person, what is a realistic expectation for what you can do once 'recovered'? Or do I start looking at different sports that don't wreck your back.

Haven't been able to do any swimming, kayaking for 4 months. Been doing all the physio.

From my understanding with my shoulder injury I was told that I would have to do rehab for at least 6-12 months if not more. Regarding when to get back into things, I think that you should check with the physio. I have a rather old injury and really wanted to get back into doing weights but have been told they are too risky because my shoulder is unstable and to stay away.

Comment

Working...
    X