Welcome to the Injury Update Forum.

Default RE: Muscle Strain Symptoms

Muscle Strain Symptoms:
    1. Swelling, bruising or redness, or open cuts as a consequence of the injury.
    2. Pain at rest.
    3. Pain when the specific muscle or the joint in relation to that muscle is used.
    4. Weakness of the muscle or tendons (A sprain, in contrast, is an injury to a joint and its ligaments.)

Muscle strains are graded based on extent of the tear ranging from grade I to grade III (a complete rupture) and symptoms will depend on how severe the injury is.
    There may or may not be any swelling or bruising, however the most obvious sign is weakness or pain on resisted movements. See below link for further information on the management of muscle strains and ligament sprains.
    http://www.ffphysiotherapyryde.com.a...oft_tissue.htm

I have all these symptoms. I want to solutions for getting rid of muscle strain. Next week is my tournament so plz help me...

Brandden,
    If you have a grade II or grade III strain it is going to be really tough to be ready for a tournament in a week. It is important to get an assessment done by a doctor or physio so you can work out what the best type of rehab program you need to do. But the key points are start with the RICE treatment for the first few days. Then slowly start loading the healing muscle ... without pain! Then start performing sport specific type exercise and then a practice game. This process can take between 3 to 6 weeks depending on the severity of the muscle strain. It also depends on which muscle is injured, if it is a torn hamstring it is really important to rest as this is one of the most likely injuries to reoccur if not properly healed.

Chrism
    http://www.tornhamstring.org/