Welcome to the Injury Update Forum.

Default MASSAGE or PHYSIO?

Who comes to mind first? Do you contact your general practitioner, physio, chiro or massage therapist for an injury?

While keeping in mind that each modality indeed has it?s benefits, I would like to share with you the reasons why massage is becoming the first choice for injury prevention.

Massage, more than relaxation
    Throughout my career, I have observed an increase in demand for professional massage treatments. The Australian public has developed a new understanding of massage therapy over the last 20 years, a professional massage therapist is becoming the first point of contact for most injuries.

continued at: http://coretherapy.com.au/who-do-you...-for-recovery/

Both are very good in some scenarios physical therapy is quite impressive and results are quite good and in some scenarios massage therapy is the best treatment so we can say both are essential.....

massage therapy is the way to go. Physio i found to be a waste. Would advise anyone with muscle probs to skip the gp and seek a good sports therapist.

According to me both are good and useful but massage therapy is one of better alternative of medicine. Massage therapy is a natural way of treatment that really very helpful for getting relief from pain and also good for injury prevention. It is more beneficial for reduce pain, stress and also good to be relax and healthy.