Welcome to the Injury Update Forum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas
    I agree, it does look like you are trying to sell something.
    But is does sound like you have had a lot of trouble. You must have been seeing real, experienced doctors. Blood and pee tests aren't going to show what is the cause of back pain.
    Like I said (or did I forget?), back pain and ischias were only small part of my problems. Others were breathing problems (asthma test negative), heart problems (ultrasound ok), headaches, migrens (brain mri ok), occasionally leg weaknes (neural impulse test ok), shoulder pain (ultrasound ok), cold arm and poor blood circulation in hands -> thorax outlet syndrome diagnosed, tiredness, dizzyness. And I have been doing a lot of sports all my life. I was good fit, non smoker, normal weigth,... Nothing was wrong according to top medical doctors (MD PTs, doctors, neurologians, orthopedians, PTs..)

Only chiro and naprapath told me I had something wrong in my pelvis but didn't say what, and they told I had hypermobile spine... Doctors never even examined my pelvis! They did say I had scoliosis, lordosis and short left leg (1cm). Those were found about 22 years ago as I was 13yrs old. But they did nothing... they never examined where those came from!

Everything is ok now after 15 years of pain. What happened? I got my pelvic joint subluxations corrected. There had been problems since I was a child, but no doctor even examined me.

And there are millions like me who haven't found help...

Orrin Mann MD, MPH, Medical Director Department of Occupational Health Multicare Associates of the Twin Cities Rosedale, MN
    Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine Volume 40 * Number 5 * May 1998 Letters to the Editor
    Pelvic Joint Dysfunctions
    "Recognizing that very few physicians are trained in diagnosing pelvic joint dysfunctions, my judgment is that these are the most frequently Amisdiagnosed (or nondiagnosed) conditions in the United States, effecting millions of patients annually."
    Last edited by expatient; 01-12-2006 at 05:57 PM.

Super Moderator

Sounds frustrating.

Default Traumatic spondylolisthesis

Quote Originally Posted by Mischap123
    Flipflop, What do you want to know about your spondy? Firstly, what grade is it? When and how did it occur? What symptoms do you get?
    Hi Mischap....

It is rather a sad and personal story!
    I was a random victim of crime. On my way home with my child, I was attacked and abused for over five hours.

The injuries were sustained by being held down, with my spine twisted at the waist, my shoulder and arm held and stretched in a position which would not normal for the body to be in. My neck was stretched backwards to almost snapping point.
    The doctors said they could see no damage, but they only x-rayed my neck. I knew my spine was out of alignment and struggled with pain, which my doctor kept saying it was stress related. I gave up with them after 10 months and went to a private clinic.

It was confirmed my spine was out of alignment at the waist, thoracic and neck area. I had spinal manipulation treatments over a two month period. It floored me. It put injury on top of injury. My pelvis is still unaligned. I have a brachial plexus damage and now flatening of my spine. It was grade two, but I think it may be higher than that now. I am waiting to see a consultant. My physio, who is fantastic, has stopped all treatment (other than sitting on my gym ball) until I see the consultant.

I know my pelvis is out of alignment, which is possibly the cause of some of the referred pain. (knee & foot drop)

If the doctors had cared to investigate my symptoms, I would have known I had spondy and not went to the private clinic, I kinda kicked up a stink and now I am dealing with closed ranks! They claim I have always had it!
    It is clear to see I have a step in my spine, I am quite sure that if I had this prior to the incident I or others would have been aware of it.

I cannot lie flat on my back without knees bent and pillows. I have still never had any type of scan, it happened in Jan 03!

I had an active life prior to this and I so miss it. Its a scan I need. Please see myother posting for a list of symptoms, chronic sciatic pain is the worst!

Many thanks for reading my posting, any input it always welcome, with kindness .... Solstice.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipflop
    I know my pelvis is out of alignment, which is possibly the cause of some of the referred pain. (knee & foot drop)
    You might have at least other SIJ subluxated.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipflop
    If the doctors had cared to investigate my symptoms, I would have known I had spondy and not went to the private clinic, I kinda kicked up a stink and now I am dealing with closed ranks! They claim I have always had it!
    Yes they claim it is a disease. It is not. And can be corrected with manipulation. But ofcourse not all manipulators know how to correct it...

Few weeks ago I interviewed one 55yrs man, who had experienced some violence. It was 18 years ago. He had had a lot of pains since that. He got also spondy. Top specialized doctors of orthopedian said nothing can be done... He had been on chiro and naprapath, but didn't get much help. Then after 18 years of pain he found a healer, who corrected his SIJs and spondy. No more pain at all. Medicine world is so lost...

OK, thanks for info, although I knew already about SIJD .
    The ONLY problem is that I can't get any doctor, chiro or anyone who can adjust SIJD.
    I live in Slovenia (Europe).
    If there is any "list" of doctors in Europe who can treat SIJD please let me know where to get it.

Thanks.

I have a question ... Does anyone know of a treatment for pelvic upslip through PT and/or Pilates rehab?

Quote Originally Posted by redheadPilates
    I have a question ... Does anyone know of a treatment for pelvic upslip through PT and/or Pilates rehab?
    Upslip=SIJD.
    If you have only other side SIJ subluxated you might get help from these:
    DonTigny's self help instructions
    Those exercises have helped few. But for those who have both SIJs subluxated it can cause more pain...

With pilates, yoga and other you can excercise deep muscles that usually cause the pain. But for subluxations they don't much help...

Quote Originally Posted by dvince
    OK, thanks for info, although I knew already about SIJD .
    The ONLY problem is that I can't get any doctor, chiro or anyone who can adjust SIJD.
    I live in Slovenia (Europe).
    If there is any "list" of doctors in Europe who can treat SIJD please let me know where to get it.

Thanks.
    Do you have Yumeiho in there? It seems good.

EXPATIENT -- you are totally correct -- you offer freedom and they say "trying to sell" = rude ignorant people -- they can keep their pain --- I had the same for 39 years and now am well also.

Here is the free home program to fix the SIJD --
    http://www.kalindra.com/Dontigny/homeprogram.pdf

http://www.kalindra.com/faq.htm

This will fix SIJD -- Glen -- oh and it is free
    Last edited by glenhaven; 15-04-2007 at 01:39 AM.

Default Sijd

Quote Originally Posted by expatient
    Do you have Yumeiho in there? It seems good.
    When my back first went I went to see an osteopath who kept clicking my SI joint back in place. I had about 3 sessions and had no pain but then I carried on as normal and ended up with the same problem a week later. I went back to see the osteopath who made the problem worse. He said I had SI joint Dysfuction but he didn't understand why it kept "coming out" again. I wasn't doing anything by this time as I was too sscared to move.

I then decided to go to an orthopadic surgeon who diagnosed a bulging disc at L5/S1. I had 8 months of physio which helped but very slowly. I had a relapse before Xmas and went back for scans this time (everything from MRI to Bone Scans to ultrasound to a sitting MRI etc.) He could not find what was wrong and said his bulging disc diagnosis was wrong. I mentioned SI joint so he relunctanly referred me for an injection to see if that cured the pain. It did and so he referred me for further injections. I was very uncomfortable with this as I felt that I needed to find the root cause of the pain as I see pain as a sign something is wrong and just covering the pain was not going to find me a solution.

By chance someone gave me the name of a person they had seen and he has worked wonders. I bought a backchamp from him - www.backchamp.com as he said the main problem with my osteopath was that he wasnt teaching me how to manage my own problem.

I have had a few setbacks (tripping up on the curb etc) but I am getting there after a nightmare year.

Anyway I just wanted to ask whether you have managed to correct your problem permanently and able to live a normal life playing sports etc?