I found some interesting (and little known) facts there about diabeties. I'll list some here:
1. Having decaf coffee can reduce the risk of diabetes.
2. The occurrence of new cases of type 2 diabetes in the US has doubled over the past three decades.
3. 275 Australians get diabeties every day!! (Now these are great facts!!!)
4. One sugary drink a day increases the risk of diabetes in women by 80 per cent, experts warn.
5. Not getting enough sleep each night, or getting too much sleep, may increase a person's risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
6. Many people who have diabetes don't know what their ideal weight range should be.
7. Poor blood sugar control and frequent emergency room visits are among the signs that a child or adolescent with diabetes may be suffering from depression.
8. 100,000 adults per year get diabeties.
If you want to get into an argument with a physiologist start talking about diabetes. I've tried and lost 2 times out of 3. Those stats are great Nicholas but stats always making me feel dirty because you can make them say anything you like. Especially in a disease like diabetes. We know it is a huge problem but one of the reasons more people are diagnosed is that the threshold for diabetes (and pre-diabetes) are lower than they were 30 years ago. This is not saying that more people aren't getting insulin resistant now compare to back then, the goal posts have been moved. This means that some people who are now diagnosed with diabetes with a fasting BSL of 7.5 would have been classified normal under the previous definitions.
Remember type 2 diabetes is a complex metabolic disease whose end point is insulin resistance and hyper glycaemia. We still haven't worked out the relative contribution of genetic, hormonal and lifestyle factors which promote its development and eventual impacts on the rest of the body.
Don't tell me that I'm crazy
Don't tell me I'm nowhere
Take it from me
It's hip to be square
If anyone have diabetes then they have some restriction in their food. They have to follow the the daily food plan in their meal. They have to avoid oily food, avoid sugar in their meal. If you want to be healthy and avoid diabetes, you have to avoid too much sugar in your food.
Hey Nicholas thanks for this fabulous post. I appreciate your sharing dear. We should have knowledge about diabetes and we should focus on it. I have learnt lot of things about diabetes.