Welcome to the Injury Update Forum.

Page 153 of 315 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 3149

Hey Koram ! always gd to hear that one is not alone. great to hear ur progress is coming along, and i know what u mean about being independent again! and i too still use the crutches when i have to walk longer distances, or in crowds ( ) to get to work.

has ur surgeon or physio given you a time frame for your recovery- like when the moon boot comes off? ill be glad to say gdbye to mine, as i am sure most, if not all, of us are. though i appreciate that proper use of it has been really helpful in my rehab.

have u had the angle of ur boot adjusted at all?

Hello again to you all. It amazes me how differently this injury effects people in terms of pain and treatment. I've read many posts on here and have thought how lucky I am to have no complications or infections. I'm now 7 weeks post op and back at work. I feel that I could walk on my bad leg in the cam boot be was told not to by my surgeon.

Leanne, it sounds like you are making great progress considering the delay in operating. To think I was worried about having to wait a week! I was told that anything over a month would cause serious complications when operating. So sounds like you're healing well.

I'll be finally losing my boot next week so will be looking forward to starting my physio. With only 5 weeks until I'm off to celebrate my 1st anniversary in New York I'm chomping at the bit to get walking.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay_4
    has ur surgeon or physio given you a time frame for your recovery- like when the moon boot comes off? ill be glad to say gdbye to mine, as i am sure most, if not all, of us are. though i appreciate that proper use of it has been really helpful in my rehab.
    Yeah, my doc has a ?protocol? for this, it includes weight bearing at four weeks?but I don?t think the boot comes off until 6-8 weeks, mainly because if I fall walking around, the weight of my body could easily re-rupture the Achilles. The boot comes on and off, and they make me SLEEP in it?so that?s just gross walking around all day, then crawling into bed with it!!! That seems excessive! I see the doc today and let you know how it goes. PLUS I?m hope he?ll say I can drive.

have u had the angle of ur boot adjusted at all?
    Not yet. But I?m sure he?ll do that today? from 15 deg. down to 7.5 deg. I?m sure that?s gonna hurt!

Well the doc says no driving..oh well. But fortunately I don?t have to wear that boot in my bed anymore! Sweet! My doc cranked the boot up to zero?.with a heal lift. I knew he would do something like that.

OK, over a week now since cast removed(9 and a bit weeks post op) and the physio has upped the anti! So have more complex exercises which are challenging, but will definitely be good for the recovery. Still experience a lot of swelling so need to elevate it lots. and the circulation still aint great yet, am told this will improve once I get moving more. Am taking some more weight through the leg now, but obviously still don't feel safe without the trusty crutches! Hey Ports, see ur from bacchus marsh, i grew up in Geelong. Anyway will keep the work up and hopefully be a little more improved next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Koram
    Well the doc says no driving..oh well. But fortunately I don?t have to wear that boot in my bed anymore! Sweet! My doc cranked the boot up to zero?.with a heal lift. I knew he would do something like that.
    great news about not having to wear the boot at nite one step close to recovery!I had mine adjusted a couple of weeks ago, gave me heaps more movement. INstead of it being locked in an L like manner, I have more flexibility which has been great. Very strange at first but after a few tentative steps it becomes normal. I feel like I have my leg back now more than I did before adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by leanne
    OK, over a week now since cast removed(9 and a bit weeks post op) and the physio has upped the anti! So have more complex exercises which are challenging, but will definitely be good for the recovery. Still experience a lot of swelling so need to elevate it lots. and the circulation still aint great yet, am told this will improve once I get moving more. Am taking some more weight through the leg now, but obviously still don't feel safe without the trusty crutches! Hey Ports, see ur from bacchus marsh, i grew up in Geelong. Anyway will keep the work up and hopefully be a little more improved next week.
    Definately keep gping with that elevation, Im sure you have it helps a lot. As my surgeon said, "elevation above the heart [level]". It has worked really well for me-even though elevating one's leg so high is a bit unnatural

great news about not having to wear the boot at nite one step close to recovery!I had mine adjusted a couple of weeks ago, gave me heaps more movement. INstead of it being locked in an L like manner, I have more flexibility which has been great. Very strange at first but after a few tentative steps it becomes normal. I feel like I have my leg back now more than I did before adjustment.
    Yep, you?re so right!!! Although this angle is more aggressive and hurts a bit more, it is WAY easier to walk in. I can really get around with this angle. I?m stoked?.comparatively speaking of course! I even did steps normal with one step per foot! Sweet.

And I?m going to pull the trigger on a new bike trainer so I can ride in the house! That?s super exciting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by leanne
    Hi Leanne,
    Great to see things progressing, you will feel even better when you dump the crutches!!! I am heading towards 14 weeks post op and still have swelling when I am on my feet for long periods. Finding the hot weather increasing the swelling also, so elevation is the key. I think because of the nature of the injury circulation is an issue but I did find that once I got up and moving around it did improve also.
    Great to have another Aussie posting on this forum and even better to have a fellow Victorian! Keep up the good work....slow and steady wins this race. The improvement will come!
    Take care
    Ports
    P.S - Hope you had a Happy Australia Day yesterday.

Hello

conservative treatment
    Left cast 8 sep 07

So 5 1/2 months post cast and I would say I'm at 50% . Having been training fairly consistently jogging, gym, step ups etc. I was 13 stone 1 and am now down to 12 stone 5. thus its all going in the right direction, but this rehab is slow. I think the consultant's prediction of 12 months is not far off.

The important thing is that I was able to ski at Xmas. I tried my best to get as fit as possible i.e. areobic work (cycling & cross trainer) plus squats. Natuarally, I was a little under par, but it was a success. My AT ached a bit the first couple of mornings,but I put it down to the AT being too thick for my pre-fitted boot. So there was a little more pressure around it than normal.

I haven't been to phyio for a couple of months. the last time I went I was doing what I did the previous week, so wondering if I will be doing anything different i.e step ups and jogging.

Legend SWANCV. Glad training is going well, your really going for it, keep it up.

Double Legend AMIS; how's it going?

Kind regards

David