Welcome to the Injury Update Forum.

Page 315 of 315 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315
Results 3,141 to 3,149 of 3149

Hi All

Just a quick update with my ATR. I have been back playing Aussie Rules now for 5 weeks and also 13 months Post Op and so far all is good. The Achilles has not troubled me at all and I am feeling really confident now and excited that I can keep doing what i Love. Hope your all doing well and look forward to reading more positive stories like mine. Happy healing.

It's great to hear that you’re back in full flow now Franky. How does it feel when you run quick? I hope you keep posting as it is a boost to hear about people making a good recovery.

I'm coming up to 4 months now, walking is OKish, just a very minor limp I think. I’ve started going to the gym/swimming pool to help strengthen my leg and get a bit of fitness back as I've put on over a stone since the ATR .

Fiona, how’s your achilles now after 2 years?

Hi Dom
    The running feels fine although it takes me a bit of time to warm up and stretch but once i get going its fine. I think also the one thing this injury has tought me is to respect and listen to your body, and if you do that it will look after you.
    With the weight issue I wouldn't strees to much as once you get back up and running and into exercising it seems to fall right back off and then that alone is another bonus and motivator to keep going. Keep up the great work and I'll be in touch soon.

Cheers

Hi All

Just thought I'd send a quick post and ask how everyone is doing. It's been very quite on this forum of late so hopefully that means everyone is back to there old selfs again and being active.
    Love to hear from you all and like i said I hope your all well. Cheers

Geez such a long time since my last post.......over two years since I had my atr.......everything has worked out great.... I am back running and still working on improving my fitness, not bad at 62......want to thank all the friends I met on here during the first few dark months of this injury.....from Australia to England {remember Fee's pinup photo :-) } and up in Denver there was Smitty, the inspiration to us all....big thanks

Hi

Yeah Franky it's been very quiet here, like you say maybe it's a good thing if everyone's on the road to recovery. Good on you Kirkton, I can't wait to be running again. I started jogging a week or so ago, well I say jogging, maybe more plodding about.

Don't have much of an update, just keep doing my physio and also some swimming and gym and am steadily improving. Any of the other posters still about?

Cheers

Hi All
    I just cant help myself coming back to this forum and writing positive notes. Just a quick note to let you all know my Aussie Rules Team has made there 3rd consecutive Grand Final this weekend and hopefully we can go one better than last year after being defeated. Unfortunately last year I missed the Grand Final due to Rupturing my Achilles half way through but now I can say I will be playing this year and Iam just so proud of myself for doing all the right things and doing the hard yards to get back to playing and getting in a Grand Final.
    Hopefully my next post will be an even better one but like all my previous post I think its just a matter of be patient and being positive and if you do all the right things the rewards will come.
    I just want to thank this site and everyone who has listened and replyed to my post and I wish everyone the best in there recovery's and I hope there's alot more happy endings for you all.

Cheers Franky 34

I started there and I feel wonderful because I have not done any limits.I think of movement and flexibility of assistance has increased significantly Achilles issues.I poor rehabilitation movement, and I believe that every injury is different and all we can do here to support us each oShe went to Northern Colorado at Denver and visit often, we like and hope that I could do there what I'm doing here.

Default Hi Everyone

I ruptured my achilles one year ago playing soccer. It sounded like a tree branch snapped when it happened. I went to the doctor right away got an MRI which showed a high tear near the calf muscle. Doctor did not mention anything about surgery and put me in a cast then a boot. 3 months later I reruptured my achilles in the same area after getting bumped by a crowd of people. Leg swelled up again and went back to doctor to get another MRI. Again doctor does not do surgery deciding to immobile me again. 3 months later started Doin therapy again got a little click in the heel which was painful. Physical therapist sho shooed it said it was prob scar tissue breaking off. Few weeks later came out of the bathroom and my dog was lying on the floor and had to take a big step over him onto bad leg which buckled under me and popped again. So after 3 ruptures finally saw the podiatrist at Kaiser and did the surgery. Turns out had a 5cm gap in tendon that had retracted into calf muscle that had to be sewn back together and had animal tissue grafted on bottom of Achilles for additional strength. I am 5 months postoperative been doing therapy about 4 weeks. Making some progress but very painful and get swelling after therapy above bottom suture that goes all the way around my ankle and also when rub hand over Achilles feels attached but has little indent when there us swelling. In the morning swelling goes down and indent is not that noticeable.
    Has anyone gone through multiple ruptured as I have?
    Will I ever get my Achilles to stretch the same as my non surgical one?
    Thanks
    Dano