Welcome to the Injury Update Forum.

Page 54 of 315 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Forgot to mention, in terms of activity - I also play drums, which is very physical and cardio-heavy (during the rockers, anyway).

A crumb of comfort and confirmation that an ATR is totally random in who it strikes - another high profile, fit, prime of life athlete has fallen foul

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2960614

One imagines that Brand was thoroughly warmed up as well.

Default welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by Reza Taheri
    Hi guys, I' m back from my 4 weeks trip!

I am now in 6 weeks + 4days post op.I feel good & almost fit. I have an appointment with my surgeon today, probably to get rid of the crutches!its actually my second follow up after the surgery.I feel stronger & did some exercises to regenerate my calf size & power!no pain at all during this period. had some injection for my long distance flight!glad to see you guys again.& will let you after my Dr. visit.

Cheers Reza,
    Good to hear you had a good holiday Reza. As you can see while you were away the numbers have grown.

Good that you are feeling so positive and all is going well I am 9 weeks post op now and walking around without crutches around the house only take one when I am out just in case. I walk with a slight limp as it is still very tight it does loosen up as I walk and can walk normally without a limp if I walk slowly.

Take care and interested to hear your report from the doctors....
    Chris

Hey Hey...
    Yap, as I mentioned yesterday I was visiting my surgeon & it went very well... I dont have to use my crutches again & I have start FWB with the Boot on.another 2 weeks to build the muscle strength. after this 2 weeks I have to use the regular shoe with the 2 cm heel difference! which means no wedges only height different.I suppose my surgeon knows what he is doing :-).then at that stage I can use physio!

Chris---> Thanx, It was a very nice trip with a nice timing.glad to hear that you can walk much easier than before yap unfortunately the numbers have grown! I wish the opposite!
    I'll start swimming next week in Homebush (Olympic stadium)for fastest recovery.

for the rest I hope you get well soon & get back to freedom soon.

Fast recovery for all
    Cheers Reza

P.s. Have you guys heard any news from Damian lately?

Mike:
    I think it was after the second week of therapy. However, I did them with both feet, at the beginning using mostly my good foot, and little by little shifting weight to the injured foot. Right now, at 6 months post op, I'm almost to the point of doing single heel raises with the injured foot, but I'm not quite yet and I do it very carefully, close to a counter so I can hold on, and with my good foot ready to "pitch in" at any time. I am also scared of another rupture, but somehow your body tells you when you're OK and I'm letting that guide me.

Hey Canuck 007,
    I also live in Vancouver. Had ATR on June 20th, had surgery 3 days later at St. Paul's. Who is your surgeon & how has your post-op care been? How many weeks post-op did you begin physio? Where were you doing physio? Thanks!

HEJENB: ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON!

I didn't quite want to admit some of my friends have been crap, but they have. I don't like to ask for help (Friend in need is a pest, but...) Very selfish society...'I'll let you know when I do my next supermarket shop...shop is 2 miles away.' My closest friends live the furthest away have been brill...taken me out to local restaurant etc

I work for myself and struggling to collect some debts that hasn't helped my state of mind.

Playing the drums: Very cool
    Aqua aerobics: sorry jury's out

Thanks for the laugh.

David G - injured playing cricket ?? You're not the DG are you ??

Where in the Uk are you ??
    If Warrington, Cheshire is nearby I will pop in and see you !!

By the way, for our Aussie friends on here - I met a hero of mine on Sunday, the one and only Andrew Johns !!

Mark F; cardiff a few hops away...., formerly, salisbury, chippenham, swansea

I was in Cardiff in May for the Rugby League weekend at the Millenium. Will be back again next May, will give you a shout and buy you a beer !!