Welcome to the Injury Update Forum.

Page 118 of 432 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 4312

i'm back at the beach for Easter and it felt so good to sit in the sun this afternoon. Happy easter to all of you!

Thanks Merry, I'm wondering if I have the same thing. I have begun doing some single leg curls, and lunge work. I think the stretching made me hit a wall on thursday and today is not so great. Over a week ago I had a scar tissue scare and I'm thinking that it might all be related. Unfortunately, my doctor is not that all available. I speak with the nurse, as does my PT and they feel I'm doing great but should go slowly. Perhaps my PT should speak with them more about exactly what was done, but I sure would like to go in and check in with them. Are you still in therapy? How many weeks are you? I really appreciate the feedback. Who did your surgery, if I may ask? I can't imagine why the doctor would have told me I'd be running by April if he knew that stretching the tendon would be a problem.....thanks for getting back to me

Katie,

We are going to Joshua Tree National Park. Usually we camp but with the prices the airlines charge for baggage these days it wasn't much more to get a room. Good luck monday. You'll do fine.

Heal well, Ned

mlfoster1-My doctor is in Appleton. I am now 13 weeks out. Still go to therapy twice a week. I am also exercising in the pool three times a week. My therapist didn't get to finally talk to my doctor until a couple of weeks ago. I think you probably are ding great, we are just so used to being active and moving a lot, that it seems like such a slow process.

When I look back to where I was after my original injury, I have made tremendous progress! When I first fell and tore the hamstring, I could barely walk. I had to teach myself how to walk again, as well as run and skip. It was such a long haul. Now, just three months after surgery, I can do all the things I did prior to surgery, only the leg has much more control.

As far as running, if your doctor said you would be able to run by April, maybe he was thinking more towards the end of April, rather than the beginning. You will be amazed at how quickly you can progress. Your therapist should also be able to get a copy of the operative report from the doctor, so they have some idea as to what kind of surgery you had.

Good idea Merry. I'm going to ask for the report. It sounds like you have certainly come a long way yourself...congrats! I certainly know how much work it takes.
    Ned-have a wonderful vacation I'm sure while you're hiking you will think how wonderful it is to be enjoying the outdoors with such freedom of movement!
    Syl-enjoy your weekend at the beach! It's going to be a wonderful weekend!

Hi All:
    Question. Did anyone experience a lot of pulling in the quad while healing? That sometimes is worse pain than the incision area. I am guessing that it's the muscle being used to move that braced leg and it is not happy about it. But wondering what your experiences were.
    Thanks.
    Tricia

Yes, I actually had a problem with the IT band...the tough muscle that runs along the side of the quad. It was compensating for the lack of hamstring. It can cause referred pain down the side of the leg and at the knee also. Now that the whole leg is starting to work, it's gotten a lot better. Every time I challenge the hamstring, the IT band flares up. My quads are also tight and need alot of stretching!

Michelle, you didnt say what you were doing this weekend. Hope it's something fun.
    Although i'm at the beach im still taking it easy. Im seven and a half weeks out from surgery and i'm going to listen to the dr. and be very careful for the next 4 weeks. it's hard to see all the bicyclers go by when you want to be out there riding also. Just a few more weeks and i hope to be doing something besides PT.
    Something i haven't mentioned because i kept hoping it would go away, is vertigo. i've had it since 2 weeks after after surgery. i woke up one morning and the room was spinning. i immediately got off all medication, thinking that could be the problem, but it still persist. ive had 4 eppely trearments and they help at first but then it comes back. has anyone else dealt with this issue and does anyone have any advice? thanks!
    Katie
    keep us postd on your progress.
    Sylvia

Syl, pretty soon your PT will change and you will feel much more active. All the care you are taking now will pay off. We celebrate Passover, so this weekend has consisted of pretty much working on our property. For the first time, instead of being a bull, I said "I can't do that". Still I worked hard, but having been through something like this I feel quite self-protective. It's a beautiful weekend and I'm enjoying just being outside.

I was wondering weather the vertigo is at all times or only when you raise to a vertical postition. With so much rest, it could certainly be a BP adjustment. I had that in the beginning, but once I start walking more it went away. Do you take any other meds? I know someone on the list took meds for BP, I forgot who it was.

For everyone that celebrates Easter, have a wonderful day tomorrow. Just think , next year you'll be dancing around!

michelle
    When the vertigo started i thought it might be BP also but went to dr and that wasnt the case. my BP is normally low. im not on any other medications. im sure we'll figure it out in time. Passover is an awesome event.
    Take care. i will look back on this injury next year and try to figure out all that i've learned from this and then i'll dance!!