Welcome to the Injury Update Forum.

Page 126 of 500 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 5000

Remember the brace is for your protection. It is not a chastity belt unless you want it to be!

I am so stoked! I just ran a full mile and it felt good! I planned on just walking but it was just so sloooow. before I knew it I was close to full stride and wearing a perma-smile. Never in my wildest dreams did I figure I could start running at 6 and a half weeks postop. I am telling you guys, without a brace my muscles never atrophied at all, I am on cloud nine right now. My husbands a little ticked at me and I think it's 50% for my own safety and 50% that he doesn't want to wait on me again if I mess up the surgery. Though, funny that he said.."now that you are running again does that mean... " and being as my adrenalin was still pumping I said "You better be ready to handle me baby!" LOL I think all of me is going to hurt tomorrow. Now...Michelle, you are not allowed to tell me to slow down tonight. Don't rain on my little parade here Thank you everyone for allowing me to be happy and share it with you ! How are the newbies doing lately?
    p.s. Dr Q , Thank you for wading into the pit of womenhood here to share that little bit of yourself....you're a brave man!

Way to go sunluver! you must be very young and healing very quickly! I hope you feel great tomorrow! I did a lot of walking today but no way can i run yet. You win the prize!

Thank you Syl. I am not so young though, I'm 50. You know when I walk, like you did today, I was actually in more pain than when I was running. The prize I should be awarded is probably for number one stupidity! Are you sore after walking a lot today?

Way to go, Sunluver!!! What a great feeling that had to be. I did venture outside today. Husband and the boys (all 3 of them from 19 - 7) were hitting golf balls outside. I stood with the walker for a good long while, got uncomfortable and had the middle boy go drag the lounge chair (one of the pool chairs) over to me on the driveway. I sat there and it was really comfy and nice in the sun and breeze. Did my heart good. Also walked too much today though, changed sheets, did some laundry and swept a bit. That little amount wears me out, but I can't lie around anymore. That is worse for me. So I have to find a happy medium. Much pain tonight.

But I am so excited that you are running and feeling good enough to be nice to the ol' husband. Great news for you and him! The thought of jumping and running though tonight....oooh. Too sore. Hope tomorrow, you are feeling even better.
    Tricia

Well ladies and gents,
    I used crutches today! Ditched the walker except to help pull me up of the couch our out of bed. I even "walked" outside on the patio before getting tired and hitting the bed again. It is 1 week today since surgery. Today has been my best morning yet. How long before any of you took the brace off and got in the shower?????? I am dying to take a shower but scared to take the brace off! It sounds as if us gals are hanging in there! Everyone take care and continue to make your small and even large (sunluver) strides towards "wholeness." Thanks all for the encouragement. (DrQ, "you da man!")

Wow it's great to read all these updates, congrats to all that are doing well, and to the discouraged, chin up because it will get better if you believe it will.
    OK- a personal update here, and I'm no superman, but think I have been very fortunate in a few ways. I am now 3 weeks post op, so here is what I was able to accomplish; I did start driving at 2 weeks post op, and ya it was my right leg that was operated on, so I just managed to prop myself up, started with short drives, and now I can drive 45 mins without much discomfort. Crutches are all but done with, very rarely use them. Working out on a daily basis, doing recumbent bike for cardio, and lots of upper body weights. I did a TRX class last monday, will do another one today (modified of course). Acupuncture, laser, ART, and hip/pelvic adjustments are 3x per week. I am going to look into plasma injections also for healing. As for the other "topic" being discussed------that is where I'm pretty sure the award goes this way, lets just say I had surgery on friday morning, and managed to test it on saturday evening. Cheers!

Katie:
    I took the brace off the first day home and took a shower. Husband helped me in and out but I have a walk in shower so it was easy. Doctor said that I could remove the brace if I was laying down (not sleeping) and had no worry of anyone bumping me etc. So, at least an hour or two a day I take it off and lay down. It feels great to take it off.

Squashpain: Sounds like you are doing great. Are you in a brace? I am dying to try to drive. I am in a brace and supposed to be using the crutches but find that I don't use them more than I do. It just isn't practical to get around my house with them. How did you drive with the brace on if you have one?

Tricia

Who me? Now I would NEVER do that! I am in awe of how quickly you are back on your feet! Enjoy your recovery! I know how much it all means to you and EVERYONE!

Hey there, has anyone had any massage done to breakup the scar tissue? If so, did it work and how often and how many months before it got better? Apparently since I had an infection that has made the scar tissue even worse. It is all the way down my thigh.The dr. and therapist say that is what is contributing to so much of my pain. Ten weeks out and the progress is very slow. My big goal is to be off the cane by the end of the month.